Home owners additional grant

To be eligible for the additional grant, you must meet the criteria for the basic grant, plus one of the following:

  • You are 65 or older. If your home is jointly owned, only one owner must be 65 to qualify. The qualifier's birth date and signature must be included on the application
  • You receive a disability allowance under the Employment and Assistance for Persons with Disabilities Act. You must provide a Consent for Release of Information form, signed by you and your Ministry of Employment and Income Assistance representative, verifying you are receiving these benefits.
  • You are permanently disabled or you have a disabled spouse or relative residing with you permanently. A signed medical certificate (Form B) completed by your physician must be attached to the grant application, along with the photocopies of receipts supporting the costs incurred as identified in section B(i) and (ii) of the Form B.  Note: Canada Pension Plan Disability Benefits do not qualify.
  • You are a veteran or spouse of a veteran who served in World War I, World War II or the Korean War, receiving an allowance under the War Veterans Allowance Act (Canada) or the Civilian War-related Benefits Act (Canada).

For more information, please click here.